Sunday, May 28, 2017

Two and a Half

We have now passed the two and a half year mark with these crazy twins of ours.  I have to say, they have been more and more fun lately.  They are still extremely hard, especially when they are sick and they don't sleep well.  I am slowly getting less overwhelmed though, and I am grateful for that. 

The cuteness, people!  I don't know how to convey to you the level of extreme adorableness these two little bugs are at.  Pictures can give you a vague idea, but they are a poor two-dimensional substitute.  Also, these two little critters are extremely difficult to photograph.  Looking through, I am realizing I don't have very many good pictures of them lately.  I will have to work on that. 





 They love to look at books and "write" with pencils.  They will sit for a long time very focused with a pencil in hand making small marks on a piece of paper.  Especially Twig. 

We have had a little bit of hair cutting in the last week when older kids have left scissors out.   Twig cut off a piece of Leaf's hair and then another time Leaf cut Twig's.  Luckily, it was just small sections in the back, not very noticeable.  In the future I am sure I will not be so lucky.  Keep those scissors put away, kids! 

They can unlock and open doors now, and the doorknob cover I put on the front door didn't work-- they just took it off.  I need to get a more high-tech version.  Meanwhile, we have to be very vigilant about doors. 

They love my bathroom and wreak a lot of havoc there.  The toothbrush drawer and the hairbrush drawer are constant targets.

More and more they play cute little games with stuffed animals or plastic figures.  It's so adorable to watch. 

I love to listen to them talk to each other too.  I can only understand part of what they're saying, but they seem to understand each other perfectly. 

They do fight a lot.  It makes me so sad when they hit or bite each other. 

They get way too much screen time because when they're sitting in front of a movie they are not destroying the house or putting themselves in danger, so if we're trying to get things done or I'm leaving them home with the older kids we usually put a movie on for them.  They have probably watched Milo and Otis 500 times.  They also love Nemo and Moana.  We are trying to reduce their screen time down to the recommended 1-2 hours a day.  I think that will get easier as they get older and are more able to play in a way that is not necessarily destructive or dangerous. 

They love to play outside, except that Twig is terrified of bugs (like Roo when she was tiny.)  It's so cute to see them toddling about in the backyard. 

They have the entire family wrapped around their chubby little fingers and they know it.  We sure love our little twinses! 

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Yes, yes, yes! My two are just hitting 2 1/2, and we struggle with getting them to play in ways that aren't destructive or dangerous.

And, I am with you about how cute, cute, cute they are when they are playing together well.

The cuteness is overwhelming!