Thursday, February 2, 2017

On the Go

I spend more and more of my time driving around, picking up and dropping off various children.  
For the most part, I enjoy this. 
Sometimes the little ones want to go with me.  Sometimes they scream and fuss if they have to go.  Usually if I have to take them, they don't want to go, but if I could leave them home, they suddenly insist on going. 
If I am leaving and the little ones are staying, they MUST have a hug before I leave.  They all come running and cling to me like I am going away to the Gulag.  Peanut most especially.  If I am running late, this drives me nuts, because I don't have time for lengty, dramatic goodbyes.  If I am not running late, my mind goes back to a decade ago, when we lived on the west coast.  Bean and Fish would do the exact same thing.   You would think they were never going to see me again, the way they carried on every time I left.  And now they are independent teenagers.  "Oh, Mom's leaving?  Good."  So I know it's just a phase, and I need to enjoy it while I can. 


No comments: