Wednesday, February 15, 2017

In My Kitchen

Here are some pictures of some of the things one finds in my kitchen these days.  

First, lots of clutter.  It seems like I am constantly decluttering the kitchen, and both the Badger and I feel like we are constantly washing dishes.  And yet, it always seems to look something like this, even right after I clean it.  (I should take a picture of it when it's really messy... that would be more impressive.)



I could literally spend all day cooking, washing dishes, wiping counters, and putting things away.  And then my kitchen would look perfect... at bedtime.  But there are other things I want to do with my time.  And there are ten people in my family.  So I try not to let the clutter bother me too much.  

Instead, I try to find happiness in little things, despite the chaos around me.  Like this itty bitty pitcher.  The Badger bought me a set of three small glass pitchers for Christmas.  They were a total surprise and I love them.  They are so cute!  This one is the smallest of the three.


Here is another thing you will find in my kitchen lately: children cooking.  Our plan to have each of the older kids take a night each week to cook dinner is actually working out fairly well.  Maybe because cooking is fun... the plan to have everyone have a dish chore after dinner hasn't worked nearly as well.  We need to work on that.  But for now, I'm just glad to have some help with the cooking. Teaching children to cook is a little bit terrifying.  You know there are going to be mishaps... like a certain one of my children who recently put half a CUP of salt into the cookie dough instead of half a teaspoon.  My frugal nature cringes at the waste.  On the other hand, my lazy nature loves it when I don't have to make dinner, so we will perservere.  


And finally, you will see this in my kitchen every day.  It's the best!


No comments: