Monday, October 24, 2016

Twenty Three Months

Oh, the twins!

So, back when Bean was a baby I read a lot of parenting books.  One of them said you should really make an effort to never put a negative label on your kids.  Never call them mean names, you know?  I read that and I thought "of course I will never do that!!!"  And for the most part, I haven't.  However, I may or may not occasionally refer to the twins as "the monsters."  And maybe, just maybe I have called them "the evil twins" once or twice.

I'm just trying to keep it real.  Please don't judge.

They are into EVERYTHING.  Constantly!  While I am cleaning up one mess they are making another.  They bite each other and spit out their half-chewed food and empty the garbage.  I am pretty used to toddlers by now, but they have taken things to a whole new level.  Sometimes I don't handle it very well.

They are also the cutest things I have ever seen in my life.




They are snuggly and giggly and loving and lovable.  And we adore them.  Of course.  When those little arms wrap around your neck all is forgiven.





Some more recent pictures... Here, Twig has rounded up all the toy horses she can find and has carried them back to a remote corner to play with them.



Along comes Leaf with a piece of chocolate zucchini cake.



I wish I could figure out who cut Twig's bangs.  No one will confess.  It might have been Twig herself.  Yikes!  It does make it easier to tell them apart though.

2 comments:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

2 babies at once really is so much more than 1.

It doesn't feel just doubled . . .

Bethany C. said...

"The Evil twins"! Haha! I love it. They must be challenging, to say the least!!
We just visited a pumkin patch a couple days ago and I remembered how you had been there with us 2 years ago. Miss your sweet family.