Saturday, October 15, 2016

Mom?

I have been called mom for nearly 16 years now and sometimes it still feels weird.  What?  Me?  A mom?  I feel like I just graduated from college.

It's especially weird coming from my teenagers because I feel like one of them myself, and yet they are rolling their eyes and saying "oh, MOM" in that voice that says "stop being so lame."  And that's me.  Me! 

I hear "Mom?" approximately 85,000 times per day.  When I am not weary I remember what a beautiful sound that is.  I am very aware of some who ache to be called Mom, and that makes me very grateful.

Bean, Fish, Roo, and Frog call me Mom.  The Rabbit calls me Mama and Peanut calls me Mother in the sweetest little voice.  "Mother?"  I need to get a recording of that.  I will miss it someday. 

I love being Mom, Mama, and Mother even though I don't feel old enough or experienced enough.  It's the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I think I'm over the sense of novelty, but I'm not over the awe. Every once in a while that profound sense of gratitude hits that I am a mother--of many! Then all I can do is it utter a silent prayer.