Monday, October 24, 2016

A Perfect Afternoon

Oh, these glorious October days!  How I love them!  Recently we had our second annual fall poetry reading.  It was absolute heaven.  We sat outside under the ash tree with a bowl of popcorn and read poems about fall.  When we were done, we stayed out and played in the leaves for a couple of hours.  It was just magical.

I took a ton of pictures.  You're welcome, Mom!

Here we go outside to get started...


The kids are so excited to play!


Roo settles into the leaves...


...and starts writing in her nature journal (another marvelous product from Jenny Phillips!)


Popcorn!


And poems!


Here is Peanut reciting her caterpillar poem she memorized.


Happy Frog...


Gotta rake up a big leaf pile..




Rolling around in crunchy leaves is so fun...




Elf hair...








The light just kept getting more and more golden.  So I had to keep snapping pictures.



Frog wanted to rake the leaves off the tree.


Oh, my wonderful Frog!


"October's bright blue weather..."


Yes, I was enjoying myself!  I even had my autumn leaf shirt on.


It was just a perfect afternoon.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous!! I love your blog. It's just what I wish mine could be. We live in southern Florida, so I miss those "true" fall days like crazy! Enjoy!

Bethany C. said...

Glorious! Reminds me of a phrase from Little Women, "a mellow October day, when the air was full of an exhilarating freshness which made the spirits rise and the blood dance healthily in the veins."

Happy Autumn!