Friday, August 26, 2016

Football Fundraiser Blanket

I needed to produce some sort of item for Bean's football silent auction fundraiser.  I decided I would go with handmade, and I thought it would be a fun excuse to put together a quilt.  Okay, Mom, since it's tied and not quilted it's technically not a quilt.  But it is patchwork.

I went with fast and easy.  I just used two charm packs, which are stacks of precut 5 inch squares in coordinating fabrics.  I arranged them randomly and then sewed the whole thing together in one sitting.  It was still really fun, despite the simplicity.



It didn't get much attention at the auction, and I felt kind of bad about that.  It probably wasn't a very good venue for something like this.  The stuff that was selling really well was the stuff like tickets to various events and food packages.  No one was bidding on my quilt, so finally I bid the minimum just so it would have something on the bid sheet.  Near the end of the auction one other person bid, so I didn't end up having to buy it back.  I hope that person enjoys it.  They certainly got it for a a great price.

While I was at the auction I did end up talking to the woman who bought the skirt I made for the auction last year.  (I didn't attend that one, so I had no idea how my skirt had fared.)  She went on and on about how much her granddaughter loved it and wore it all the time.  That was very gratifying to me, to know that it had been loved and appreciated after I had sent it off into the void.  Maybe this quilt will be treasured also.

2 comments:

Linda Stanford said...

it is definitely adorable! Worth a lot more than they paid. You did your share of the fundraiser, anyway.

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

It's a sweet quilt. I hope the winner treasures it.