Sunday, July 10, 2016

Hello, Blog!

Wow, it's the 10th of July and I haven't posted yet this month.   That's not like me, is it?

Our computer died recently, and until we can get a new one I don't have access to a bunch of stuff, including photos I was about to blog.   So that's my main excuse. 

My other excuse is that I have just been so tired lately.  This has worried me.  I wonder about thyroid issues or anemia or other deficiencies.  As I was talking about it with the Badger recently though,  I put it all together and said "over the last two years I have been through a grueling twin pregnancy followed by 18 months of moderate to severe sleep deprivation every single night and I wonder why I am tired????? Why I don't feel rejuvenated and recovered and strong?  Hmmm, I wonder why!!!"  I am probably just an exhausted mother of eight children.  

In some ways my health is good and getting better.  My weight is just about where I want it to stay.  I am exercising regularly and slowly building both muscle and cardiovascular endurance.  

But I am tired and I feel depleted. 

I am grateful for summer break.  I have a huge list of projects to tackle: ten boxes in the basement that never have been gone through since we moved.  A pile of mending and sewing projects small and large.  Blog posts.  Yard work. 

However, I also need to just rest.  And it's okay. 


2 comments:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I had big projects planned, too, but I've needed to just rest, too.

The rest has been important. I'm starting to wake up and think about facing the school year ahead.

But I'm only just starting to . . . I think I need to hit "snooze." :)

Diane said...

It's funny how that rest thing comes up and is probably what you need to do the most. :)

Congrats on your weight loss and your exercise goals. I am still someday for that.