Monday, July 25, 2016

Happy Birthday, Fish!

Fish is now thirteen.  Ack!  I still remember this so vividly...


Fish sure was a sweet, calm baby.  I hope he will be a sweet, calm teenager.  Ha!

Here are some pictures of his birthday dinner.  It was his favorite: thick, creamy chicken noodle soup.  






I also made him his traditional chocolate cake, but I somehow managed to not get any pictures of that.  What is wrong with me?  I need to do better about pictures.

Fish is a great kid.  He still loves Legos and I am glad.  I am not ready for him to be too grown up yet.  He still loves Tintin and Calvin and Hobbes and Peanuts comics.  He also loves Jane Austen movies, which I think is so, so cool.

Fish really wants to do well in life.  He really wants to do the right thing, and he wants to please his parents.  He has a hard time with criticism.  We tend to get on Bean's case because he is so distractable and has a hard time following through on things we ask him to do.  Sometimes Fish feels like we're on his case too, and he feels really bad about that (so do I.)  He is always eager to show that he is NOT like that, which means he makes a point of being prompt and cheerful when asked to do things.  I love that.  I wish he and Bean got along better, but I hope that will come in time.

He is a marvelous cook.  He really has a gift there.

He can still sing an absolutely gorgeous soprano.  I need to get more of his singing recorded before his voice changes.  Any day now...

He is going through a stage where he is really good at getting on our nerves, teasing and singing obnoxious songs and such.  I totally relate because I was the same way when I was his age.  Actually I was worse.  It simply means he, like his mother, has an awesome personality and just needs to grow into it.

Happy birthday, my Fish.  You are so awesome.  I love you the mostest!

No comments: