Monday, May 30, 2016

Yay Summer!

We have had a lovely spring, but we are now crossing the line into summer weather.   

My knee-jerk reaction when I think "summer" is "ugh."   I struggle with the hot weather.  And then there are mosquitos.   And ticks.  And humidity.  And hot cars.  And flies in the house.  And crazy high electric bills from running the A/C.  

This year I am focusing on a quote I read years ago.  It was about winter, but it's equally applicable to summer.  "[Summer] brings the kind of weather you either face head-on and enjoy or shrink from all season long."  

I am determined to face summer head-on this year and enjoy it!  When I get past that initial reaction and start really thinking about it, I get pretty excited.  

Really, it's going to be a great summer.  With the twins getting older it is so much easier to go do stuff than it was last year.  We can explore all kinds of places.  We can play with friends.  We can work on projects inside and out, from scout merit badges to the last of the boxes I have never unpacked after this move.  

Having a reprieve from homeschool for two months is going to be awesome.  

We will eat watermelon and homemade popsicles.  

We will go swimming.  Probably lots of swimming!  It's great to be excited about swimming; I haven't always been. 

We will watch our garden grow and eat yummy things we grew ourselves.   

We will catch fireflies.  We will listen to the cicadas.  

We will take late-evening walks around our lovely neighborhood.

We will go to a parade.

We will be champion summer readers at the library.  

We will attend two weddings!  

It's going to be awesome!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Hooray for your awesome summer ahead!!!