Saturday, May 21, 2016

Strawberry Picking







A strawberry patch is just about my favorite place in the entire world.  It's been several years since we last went strawberry picking and I was pretty excited to have a chance to go again.  I didn't want to take all the kids at once, so I told them I would split them up into two groups and make two separate trips to the patch.  For the first trip I took Bean, Roo, the Rabbit, and Peanut, along with a friend of Bean's.  So, just five kids.  No big deal. We had a glorious time.  The fruit was a little on the small side, but not lacking at all in flavor.  The weather was slightly chilly, and little Peanut was sometimes cold, but I would rather deal with that than with heat and mosquitoes.  We saw a few big fat toads amongst the strawberry plants, which delighted us all.   We ended up with gobs of juicy red jewels, which became mostly strawberry shortcake and strawberry jam.  It was an absolutely heavenly outing!   

No comments: