Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Seventeen Months

The twins have new nicknames around here: Earthquake and Tornado.  While one of them is busy dumping the entire contents of a shelf or cupboard on the floor, the other is busy strewing these items all over the room.  They are especially fond of doing this to anything I have just picked up and put away, as well as the laundry I've just folded. 

They are so delightfully adorable as they destruct, chattering and giggling.  Oh, how we love them! 

Last night I was sitting on the porch watching the thunderstorm.  I had Leaf with me and Twig was inside.  Only the glass storm door was closed.  I looked over and they were standing on either side of the glass smiling at each other with their hands in exactly the same spots on the glass.  It was like Leaf was looking in the mirror.  It was so cute!  I wasn't fast enough to get a picture, but I wanted to write it down so I would remember it. 

I tried to take a picture of them while we were in Utah in their cute matching Sunday dresses.  I didn't think my expectations were too high: just get the two of them together with a background of green lawn. 

It didn't work so well.  My in-laws were laughing because I would pick them up and set them where I wanted them and then before I could get into position with the camera they would go running off in opposite directions.  I was laughing too!  This was the best picture I got of the two of them!



I did get some cute shots of just Leaf though.  



Here they are just yesterday in their high chairs.  Twig is the first picture and Leaf is the second. 



The countdown has begun: four more Sundays until they go into the nursery at church!  Usually the last few months at church are so hard, but actually I have had it easy with the twins.  Bean and Fish take them with them to their classes.  Bean enjoys it so much that he actually doesn't want them to go to nursery.  I don't know how they will feel about nursery.  It's pretty crowded, and there's already a set of twin girls in there just four months older than they are.  It will be interesting to watch that transition.  I can't believe it's coming up so soon!

No comments: