Sunday, April 24, 2016

Just For Me

One thing that was awesome about this trip to Utah was that we got a second spring.  When we got to Utah everything was blooming and blossoming like how it had been in Kansas a couple weeks ago.  It was so delightful to get a second round of daffodils and forsythia and crabapple blossoms. 

When we arrived, the lilacs looked like they were getting ready to bloom.  Sure enough, the day we left, they popped open.  Lilacs are not terribly common in Kansas; you see them occasionally, but it's nothing like how it is in other places I've lived where they are everywhere in late spring.  I love lilacs, and I love the lilac hedge in front of the Burrow (the Badger's ancestral home.)  So I felt like they bloomed just for me, and it made me very happy.  



No comments: