Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We're not very Irish, but it can be fun to observe St. Patrick's Day anyway.  It seems like we do it differently every year; we've never really found a tradition that has stuck.  I discovered years ago that I don't like corned beef and cabbage, and some of my children don't like it when I dye the food green. 

A few days ago I was at Aldi and I was looking at their selection of specialty cheeses.  We love cheese, especially affordable specialty cheeses at Aldi.  The Kerrygold cheeses caught my eye, and I put two and two together.  Irish cheese for St. Patrick's Day!  Why did I not think of this before?


I think this has a high probability of becoming a tradition.

Then, yesterday n my social media feed someone posted about Irish soda bread.  "I could make that," I thought.  "It even looks good."



It IS good!  I could make this a tradition too.  Irish soda bread and Irish cheese.  Works for me!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: