Sunday, February 14, 2016

Ten

My oldest daughter, my sweet sweet Roo, has now been on earth for a decade.  I would like to write something eloquent and profound about her impact on my life.  However, my brain as of late is something akin to an worn-out dog chew toy. 

Which is why I am so grateful for Roo.  She helps me so much.  She is usually cheerful and willing to do whatever she is asked.  More and more she can help play with and entertain the babies.  She almost always does her school work diligently and on her own.  She loves art and all things creative, and I am very much looking forward to the years ahead when she can help me decorate the house for holidays and special events.  Already she loves to set the table for dinner, which makes me happy. 

You should hear her laugh!  Roo's laugh is a glorious thing.   It bubbles up out of her, spreading joy to all within hearing range. 

She wanted pizza and brownie sundaes for her birthday.  I was grateful that this was an easy meal.  I don't have a lot of extra bandwidth for celebrations lately, so easy is good. 


She wanted art things and stuff for her room.  We got her a lamp, a fuzzy purple body pillow, and a fashion design notebook.  She was so happy. 



She is easy to please and usually happy, as she always has been.  I hope and pray that she will continue to shine so as she heads into the years ahead that can be very turbulent.  Certainly I remind myself every day to not take this sweet girl for granted and to enjoy these precious years I have with her. 

2 comments:

Bethany C. said...

Happy Birthday, happy girl!

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

She's just darling. Happy birthday to your Roo!