Monday, January 18, 2016

Planning

Last year I went to the BYU bookstore to buy my yearly refill for my beloved Franklin planner, and I came out with this instead. 

I loved this planner!  It is designed by an LDS mom for LDS moms, and I think the woman must be my soul-sister because she totally speaks my planner language.  Since I use my planner as a kind of replacement for my poor, mangled, mom-of-eight brain, having something that so closely meets my needs is a big blessing.  She designed the planner with a lot of versatility, and yet there is a space for everything I need to keep track of, including visiting teaching and family home evening.   If you want to take a closer look, here's her website

At the end of the year I was pleased with the shape the planner was in.  With an outfit like mine, I was worried that it would be a torn, trashed wreck by December.  But it still looks good.  I am sold.

So I got a new one for this year.  They have many cover choices, and I love this purple and silver!  One thing about the planner is that the lines to write on are small.  I was on their website and I saw that she recommends these fine-line markers.  I splurged and bought a set and I love them so much.  I am one of those strange people that likes to make my planner pretty and colorful, so I have been having so much fun with these.  And the marker points are so fine that the small lines in the planner don't matter at all. 


She's made some small tweaks this year with the pages and I like it even better.  I am looking forward to a wonderful, well-planned 2016! 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just have to tell you how much I love your blog! I hope you don't mind having a total stranger read your blog--but I truly feel like we're kindred spirits! I think I've commented before, but it's been a long, long time. I'm an LDS homeschooling mom of 5 (with #6 on the way!) and it is so encouraging to read about your life and family and helps me feel like if you can do it, then I can, too! You seem like a really amazing mom and woman. Plus, you have really great taste. In several of your photos I've noticed that we both share the love of cute aqua-colored home decor from Target. :) And I have you to thank for getting my Christmas shopping done so quickly this year. We ordered a ton of stuff from the Rainbow Resources company you love. Who can resist quality, educational toys?!

I'm super excited to check out the planner you reviewed here. Thanks so much for sharing! I bought my first Franklin Covey pages last year and kind of retro-fit them to a small binder I already had (because I was feeling cheep) but it didn't work very well and I don't think I got my money's worth out of those pages and am on the lookout for a better solution this year, although I'm admittedly a little late to the game! I'll have to order quickly. Away how, God bless you and your dear family! Thanks for inspiring and encouraging a fellow mom with your real life blog posts.

--Stephanie from Florida

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

It's such a treat to find a resource that really works!