Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Birthday Frog!

It has now been three years since my Frog entered the world.  Three delightful years.  Frog is such a perceptive, intelligent person.  He talks and sings very well and so is quite the grown-up little guy, but I love how he still likes to fall asleep with his hands in my hair. 

He enjoys stuffed animals and building blocks and books. 



So, for his birthday, we got him Lowly Worm...


And The Best Lowly Worm Book Ever by Richard Scarry (we so need more Richard Scarry books around here!)  


And then we bought him another set of Citi Bloks... we have the ones in the warm colors and it's been bugging me for awhile that we didn't have the ones in the cool colors.  So I bought them for Frog.  When he opened them, all of my children went absolutely mad with joy and since then there has been near-constant Citi Blok building at my house.   And there is a Citi Blok rainbow all over my living room floor.


Peanut was pretty excited (and perhaps a little envious) about the Lowly Worm.  A few minutes later, as I was working on the requested birthday pizza in the kitchen, she came hopping in with both of her feet in one of Bean's shoes.  "I'm Lowly Worm!" she sang. 


I thought it was cute, and I think Twig did too.  


When I listed off several options for a cake to make, Frog very decidedly chose carrot cake.  I am not sure he really knew what it was, but he decided he wanted it, and was very firm about it.  I happen to make an insanely good carrot cake, so I hope he was satisfied.  



Happy birthday, dear, dear little Frog!  You are so loved.  



 

2 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Love that last photo!

Bethany C. said...

Perfect ending picture for a perfectly lovely post! Happy birthday, Frog!