Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Big Step For Frog

A couple weeks ago Frog started taking off his diaper and sitting on the potty. 

It has been my strict policy over the years not to try to potty train my kids until after their third birthday.  None of them have been remotely ready before then. 

Until Frog. 

So I took Frog to the store and bought him a package of underwear with Charlie Brown and Snoopy on it.  Frog likes Peanuts. 

And it's been so easy.  I have never had a kid who caught on to potty training even remotely as quickly as Frog.  He's got it down.  He has even been dry at night. 

You still have to remind him to go, and if I forget to do that we have accidents, but that's normal. 

I really feel that this is a tender mercy of the Lord.  I am barely keeping my nose above water right now with twins and eight kids and homeschool.   Plus, money is tight and a little savings on diapers is welcome (I also recently stopped buying pull-ups for Peanut to wear to bed at night and so far, so good.)  So it is a relief to have a child potty train early and quickly. 

Frog is a remarkable little boy.  I sure love him. 

1 comment:

Bethany C. said...

Way to go, Frog! A tender mercy indeed.