Saturday, July 11, 2015

Weeding Rewards

So, I think I mentioned before how my yard is an overgrown weedy mess.  I had this great plan to get the front yard under control (so that my house would at least look nice and happy and welcoming from the front) and then attack the back.  Well, I have spent hours working on the front and it's still a mess.  I don't want to go on and on about all the details of the problem; I will just say that it's becoming clear that we need to completely clear out all the old landscaping... sigh.  

Meanwhile the back yard was becoming more and more of a jungle.  Yesterday I decided maybe it would cheer me up to work back there instead, so first thing in the morning I rallied the troops and we attacked.  It DID cheer me up: the ground was soft from recent rain, so weeds popped right out and because I was just dealing with dirt and not several layers of old landscaping stuff the work went quickly.  In a short amount of time I was able to cover a lot of ground and make a big difference in how things look out there.  That was incredibly satisfying.  

I give the kids ice cream bars for helping me weed.  This time the weeding was so easy that even Peanut and Frog were helpful.  And I took these adorable pictures of them eating their ice cream bars.  The last one is my favorite. 







No comments: