Saturday, July 11, 2015

Screaming Aliens for Dinner

My older sister went on an LDS church mission to Italy years ago, when I was an adolescent. When she came home after more than a year of living over there, she introduced us to many Italian foods. There were many interesting new shapes of pasta, one of which was pipe rigate.  This was one of her favorites because, as she said, they looked like screaming aliens.  The round end is the mouth and the pinched-off end looks like eyes.  Is that awesome or what?

I was at Aldi the other day and they had some imported Italian pasta (gotta love the random European stuff you find at Aldi!)  And there they were: screaming aliens!  I was so excited.  I bought a couple bags and then that evening I had so much fun when the kids would ask "what's for dinner?" and I would reply, "screaming aliens."

 

I hope years from now my kids remember that sometimes I was a fun mom and not always an exhausted wreck. 

1 comment:

Bethany C. said...

Love this! (Especially your concluding sentence!)