Monday, May 25, 2015

Weighty Matters

I am extremely excited to report that I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The twins are six months old and I have shed nearly 60 pounds since the day before I delivered them.  I think that is pretty remarkable, and I am very grateful.  

However, when I got pregnant with the twins I was 30 lbs overweight.  I was having a really hard time shedding the weight I gained from my last pregnancy.  I was trying, but my progress was soooooo slow.  
So now, it should be easy to keep on losing weight, right?  And yet I have a mental block about getting lower than this because I couldn't two years ago (or perhaps I should say didn't instead of couldn't.... who knows where I would be if I hadn't been pregnant last year?) 

Weight loss is such a crazy psychological thing for me, and I suspect for most people.  Oh, the mind games that go on in my brain about my weight!  

While we were living at my in-laws, I had a daily routine that included exercise and that was so wonderful.  Since we moved here and I no longer have the amazing and generous help I had there I have not been able to get into an exercise groove at all.  This frustrates me because of my goal to run a 5K.  There have been two 5Ks this month in my area that would have been perfect for me and if I had kept training they way I was in April I would have done them.  But as it is, I am nowhere near ready.  

However, I keep reminding myself that I have eight kids, including baby twins, and these things are just going to take time.  And that's okay.  The 5K will happen, just maybe not as soon as I originally planned.  But in the meantime, I am trying to work on other healthy habits such as diet, and I am losing weight, which feels wonderful!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Congratulations!!!

I have about 30 lbs left to prepregnancy. I'm down 5, though, and working toward the rest. :)