Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday Morning Ramblings

Happy Tuesday, everyone.  I am sitting here with Prince Charming, who is playing with bristle blocks (at least that's what they were called when I was a kid.)  The toys at Grandma's house are well-beloved and they haven't gotten tired of them yet.  The other kids are on an outing with Aunt Crocodile in her fancy car (they were so excited about it that it was worth moving the car seats, which was a bit of a pain.) 

Speaking of carseats... I recently bought Roo a high-back, belt-positioning booster seat.  I would ideally like her to still be in a five-point harness but more and more often as she gets older she is riding in other cars with people and it is so much easier to move a lightweight booster than one of my Radians... the Radian is a fantastic seat but it weighs a ton.  Anyway, even though she is small for her age she is eight and a half and I think the booster is a good choice for her overall right now.  It has been so nice to be able to easily put it in the back of someone else's car.  Now, if only it were so easy to send Rabbit and Peanut with someone else. 

Life is full of compromises and pros and cons, isn't it?   I have been thinking about that a lot lately.  

I need to get the kids back in school asap, one way or another.  I'm still trying to decide what is best.  Ideally I would homeschool all of them,  since it's theoretically possible that we might move at least once more before the end of this school year (sigh) and homeschool would make transitions less traumatic.  My health will not allow me to do that.  In fact, I don't even know if I can handle homeschool at all right now.  It takes a lot out of me and that leaves someone else to do other things I should be doing like feeding people.  A month ago that was working because we were in our own home and the Badger didn't work much so he could pick up my slack, but now he will be job hunting and/or starting a new job.  Not being in our own home makes it harder to have the kids do things themselves and/or just let things completely go at times.  And Grandma and Grandpa have been so good to us; I don't want to wear them out or take too much advantage of them.  So I have been thinking about school options... there is a charter school that is possible for some of the kids and that comes with its own set of pros and cons.  Lots to think about,  but a decision needs to be made soon because the older kids are getting stir-crazy.  When Bean and the Badger get back here with the moving truck we need to be ready to move on this.

I was so completely wiped out for the first few days we were here.  Most of the time I could barely get up.  I am regaining some strength, which I am grateful for because I still have as much as twelve weeks to go.  I am never going to be really active between now and then, but mostly functional would be a good thing. 
It blows my mind that I still have so many weeks to go because right now I am the size I normally am at full term-- which means I feel like I am full term, with all that entails.   So not only do I get to go around like this for many weeks, I get to get even bigger!  Wow.  I just can't imagine,  but I am grateful that I handle this stage of pregnancy better than a lot of people I talk to.  My body can handle getting big, it's mostly having a hard time circulating blood through three people. 

But being 28 weeks left means we're getting close to meeting these two sweet little people and that is so, so, so exciting.   They will be worth all the difficulty. 

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I wish you well in your decision-making and enduring the remaining weeks of your pregnancy.