Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Afternoon

This last week has been a whirlwind.   And it has been amazing.  The amount of help we have had has astounded me.  So many people have showed up with meals or with boxes, watched my kids, or helped me pack.  There were times when I had more people offering to help than I had work for them to do.  Wow.  I can't even begin to express how grateful I am. 

Just a couple more days and then we leave.  Things have come together faster than I ever thought they could.  

I have been concerned about my health but when I saw the doctor this week everything looked great.  The babies are growing just right and I passed the glucose test.  My pulse is rapid (which makes it hard to rest) but the doctor isn't worried about it.  After all, I am pumping blood through two extra people.  The lightheadedness, the overwhelming exhaustion, and all that just go with the territory.  

I did go to church today, and I even made it through all my meetings.  I also cried a lot.  I love the people here in this ward so much.   It's so hard to say goodbye. 

Meanwhile, my family has all but filled my social calendar for the next several weeks.  There is so much to look forward to. 

The kids are all soooooo excited about being with family in Utah.  There have been some manifestations of stress, but overall they are handling it very well.

Here is a quote that struck me today: "sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together."  Something wonderful must be coming if this beautiful life of mine here in this place is ending.

No comments: