Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Finishing Sixth Grade

Bean got summer break early (when I started to feel too gross to do school) with the understanding that toward the end of the summer when I was feeling better he would finish everything we had mapped out for him for 6th grade.  So now we're working on that.  We had just a couple chapters of history, which we breezed through, several spelling and grammar lessons, quite a bit of Old Testament stuff, and a few chapters in our science book.  

The science we've been studying is anatomy and physiology.  Last week the chapter was on the integumentary system.  As we talked about the different aspects of our skin and hair, something came to my mind: Zorb.  

I bough Zorb a couple years ago for homeschool enrichment.  Zorb is a digital microscope shaped like a cute little egg.  You hook it up to your computer and then you can look at stuff on your computer screen magnified 53 times.  It's a bit limited compared to a traditional microscope, but it's really cool for things like bird feathers and clothing fibers and.... skin.  

But of course you give it to a 13-year-old boy and tell him to look at his skin and after he looks at his fingerprints and recent wounds he's looking at other things like his teeth and his nasal passages....




Of course I had to take these pictures.  And of course I had to share them.  They were just too funny.  I also had to keep and share this picture I took of Bean and Prince Charming sharing a bowl of ice cream.  I think teenage boys are great!




2 comments:

Melanie said...

Glad your feeling better. Way to go Bean for taking Zorb to the next level of inquisitive learning:)

Bethany C. said...

Hilarious! Boys are so much fun.