Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Flavor Announcement

Yesterday was a pretty amazing day.  Watching the ultrasound of my twins was so incredible and beautiful.   An ultrasound is always an amazing thing, but there was just something about seeing the two of them interacting with each other.  They have their own special relationship in their own private world and it felt almost sacred to be taking a peek.

It was so reassuring to see that they are both growing as they should and that the reason I have felt most movement on my left side is that Baby A, on the right, has a placenta in front and a placenta behind to cushion her movements so I can't really feel them. 

Yes, I said her.  Baby A is a girl.  Baby B is also a girl.  We are finishing up our family with two little twin girls.  I can't even tell you how happy this makes me and how excited I am and how absolutely right it feels.  

Until now I have had a hard time feeling connected to these little people, which isn't too surprising since I have had a hard time feeling connected to anything these last few months, including myself.   But with some of my kids I have had more of a sense from the get-go, or even before, of who they are-- gentle impressions about their personality and talents.  With these two all I have had had up to this point is girl vibes.  But now I feel so much more connected to them.  They are two unique individuals to me, beautiful creations of God that are different than anyone else who has ever lived.  And I love them so much. 

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Twin girls, so fun.

Jenilyn Collings said...

Congratulations!! How exciting that, after all the times we talked about having twins, that you actually get to have them!

Bethany C. said...

What a beautiful description of your ultrasound. Wonderful news! Congratulations (times two!)