Friday, July 25, 2014

Bean Thirteen

I remember when I had little toddlers I had some friends whose oldest kids were turning thirteen.  They talked about how old they felt being the mother of a teenager.  I could not even imagine.  It seemed so far away.

But life has a funny way of going on, and now I find myself in their shoes.  My oldest just turned thirteen.  I have begun a phase which will last almost the next twenty years of my life: mothering teenagers.

I've heard a lot of scary things about mothering teenagers.  So far, it's been fine and I'm feeling very confident.  Of course, it's only been a few days.

We gave Bean a guitar for his birthday.  It seemed like a very teenager-y present.  I've been wanting to have a guitar in the household for a long time.  I play a little bit, and I am sure one or more of the kids will take to it.  Bean, with his love of cowboy music, is a highly likely candidate.  He was very pleased with it, at any rate.

1 comment:

Frances Robbins said...

I came across a blog post awhile ago on Pinterest and I thought you might be interested in reading it-- I think it has some really good points. :)

http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/02/why-do-teenagers-rebel/