Monday, July 21, 2014

A Visit from Uncle Horrible Beast

When I was a little girl, one of my most favorite people in the entire world was my brother Horrible Beast.  He is fifteen years older than me, so from the time I can remember he had moved out of the home and I only saw him a couple times a year when he would come to visit.  Oh, how much fun I had with him on those visits!  He is very good with children, endlessly patient, and a master teacher (he is now a math professor).  He taught me how to solve a Rubik's Cube when I was about eleven.  And he LIKED it when I called him Horrible Beast (he called me Small Beast.)


Alas, now that I am an adult I don't see him very often.  And my children have been growing up not knowing the awesomeness of Uncle Horrible Beast.  But finally, almost five years since we last saw him, he and his two children were able to come see us as they passed through our area on their way from here to there.  


And the kids immediately adored both him and his delightful children.  We had a wonderful visit.  Now the kids are all begging to have Uncle Horrible Beast come back again.  I hope he does soon!  

No comments: