Thursday, June 5, 2014

Surprise!

It was honestly one of the most surreal and amazing moments of my life.  My doctor and I were looking at the tiny image of my baby on the ultrasound screen, watching the itty bitty heart flicker.   I said "so there's just one?"  She moved the ultrasound wand a little bit and then  said "oh!" 
And we found ourselves looking at two tiny babies right next to each other, two tiny hearts flickering. 
I laughed.  I squealed.  I had a hard time not whooping and hollering "hooray!" at the top of my lungs.   I was so thrilled! 
I am so thrilled!   I am also in shock.  I have often-- very often-- thought about having twins,  but the reality of it it something else entirely.   I know it is going to be incredibly hard and incredibly wonderful.  I am really looking forward to it. 
I also am in completely uncharted territory right now.   I have no idea what to expect for the rest of this pregnancy.   I now know why I have been saying "have I always been this sick and I just forgot how bad it was?"  But I don't know when I will be feeling better and what I will be able to handle over the next few months.   I am scaling my life way back because for all I know I might be flat on my back in bed until December.  Hopefully not. 
But whatever happens, right now I have the privilege of carrying two wonderful little souls within me at the same time, which fills me with so much awe and wonder. 
Isn't this exciting??????

5 comments:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

What a miracle!

Unknown said...

Doesn't get any more exciting than this.
Evan

Melissa said...

That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

Bethany C. said...

Oh my goodness!! That is terribly exciting! Congratulations!
-- Bethany

Simplymom said...

How awesome! Congratulations!