Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Ramblings

Tomorrow I am 13 weeks and my morning sickness has not begun to ease up yet.  But I am just grateful to have another week under my belt. 
The typical pattern lately has been that I feel somewhat okay for maybe a couple of hours in the morning and then I am mostly nonfunctional for the rest of the day.   During that brief morning spell of okayness I like to work in my garden, or of course on Sunday I go to part of church.  Even when I am okayish I can't stand up for very long.  Sitting up driving for very long has been tough too.  But that's why I like gardening.  I can mostly do it sitting down. 
Today the Badger isn't feeling that hot either.  I think he is just tired and worn out.  We're both getting older and I can tell.  The Badger does so much lately.  Yesterday was a great example of how he is doing the work of both mom and dad.   He picked up our Bountiful Basket first thing in the morning, then made eggs for the kids for breakfast.   Then he spent several hours putting a new disposal on our kitchen sink, which turned out to be a huge project since the old one was stuck on there.  After that he ran an errand related to his calling at church.   In the afternoon he picked the girls up from their dance recital rehearsal (a friend had dropped them off) and then he made us all dinner.  Throughout the day he did tons of dishes and tidying up. 
Bean and Fish are gone for the next couple of weeks visiting family in Utah Valley.  It is so weird to have them gone.  The house is quieter and less food gets consumed but I feel like I am missing my right arm.  I am glad they get to go have some fun adventures though. 
Today after church the Badger and I were both pretty much a wreck so he turned on "The Ten Commandments" to try to keep the girls from running all over creation.  Peanut is happily watching but Roo and Rabbit ran off to the neighbor's house.  I looked out the window a few minutes ago and saw the Rabbit wobbling along on the neighbor's bike.  So it looks like Roo won't be the only one who learns to ride a two-wheeler this summer.  The Rabbit jist needed a little smaller of a bike than the one we have.  She's doing great.  I just need to get her to remember to wear her helmet.  Helmets are not exactly the Rabbit's style, you know.
Our home teachers just stopped by with a bunch of food for us, mostly frozen easy-to-prepare stuff.   Wow.  I am so grateful.  What a load that is off of my poor overworked Badger.  We have been the recipient of several generous acts of kindness in the last few weeks.  I can't even tell you how much I appreciate them.  
It's a beautiful day.  The last couple of days have been cold and rainy (which I haven't minded because my garden needed it) but most days lately have been warm and lovely.  The world around me is so beautiful.   The lilacs are done blooming but now we have iris and peonies and snowmound spirea and blue flax.  Blue flax is one of my favorite flowers ever and I have been pleased to discover that it grows wild here.  Happiness!