Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It's Happening!

I am finally starting to feel better.  Starting is the key word in that sentence: I still have plenty of yucky times.  But the "I can actually somewhat function!" times are increasing. 

Even more exciting is that I am starting to get a little bit of motivation back.  For weeks I have been looking around me at all the things that need to be done and saying "who cares?  We'll live."  Now I am looking around and thinking it's time to get caught up. 

The Badger has kept things running.  Thanks to him, we have been fed, had clean clothes, had toys and junk basically picked up, and have not been overrun by rats.  He has done a fantastic job.  But where Mom is really crucial around here is when it comes to organization.  Right now there are piles of clutter and stacks of miscellany all over the house.  And all kinds of things have been mixed up and put in the wrong places.  While we have been surviving just fine, when it comes time to put on a scout uniform for a meeting or locate an all-important permission slip, we're in big trouble.  And let's not even talk about fines for overdue library books that no one can find because they are not on their special shelf.  Organization is super important in a large family.  

Yesterday I organized the pantry.   It's not a huge job and it wasn't in terrible shape and I could mostly do it sitting on a stool.  But I was still pretty proud of myself.  I was thrilled that I felt well enough not only to do it but to want to do it.  Such a small thing, and yet so huge for me. 

Today I deep cleaned the girls' bedroom and closet.  Again, a mostly sitting down job.  But a big one.  After that I started on the boys' room.  That is going to take more than one attempt, let me tell you.  They have gotten much better about cleaning their rooms but every once in awhile I have to go down there and deep clean.  It's always an interesting experience, kind of like visiting a house of horrors.  

But I am working on it!  Yay me! 

Yay that the worst is behind me!  Yay for the happy times ahead! 

2 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Hurray for feeling better and hurray for an organized pantry! Good job.

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Hooray for feeling better!!!!