Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hello From My Phone

I have been thinking about this blog a lot... really, I have.  I have been neglecting it because... well, there are several reasons, which I will get into eventually.   But a big part of the problem is that whenever I sit at the computer Prince Charming climbs up on me and starts banging on the keyboard and grabbing the mouse.  And there is no way I can even touch my laptop when he is in the vicinity (he is really good at scooting over and pressing the power button before I can deflect him!) Kids these days...

I am still able to do things fairly easily on my phone while Prince Charming is underfoot,  so I decided to finally take the plunge and blog from my phone for the first time ever.  This means you will be hearing more from me.  There will be fewer photos and more weird typos.  But there are so many things I would like to talk about and remember.  When I go back and read my old blogs from years ago I am amazed and grateful I took the time to write stuff down.  The longer ago it was the more precious it becomes.  I need to keep blogging regularly about my life and thoughts-- for the sake of the future.  

Anyway.  I don't think I ever mentioned on here that I got me a smart phone last fall.  The reason was that I was called to serve in the Relief Society presidency (translation: I am an assistant to the woman in charge of the women's organization at church.)  I really felt like I needed a SuperPhone to be able to keep up with stuff and stay organized with those additional responsibilities.   So I got me a Samsung Galaxy something-or-other similar to the Badger's and I have really loved having it.  It is a struggle for me to not let it suck me in, I will be honest.  I have to remind myself to put it down and look into my children's eyes as they talk to me.  But I am trying and improving.

That is all I will say for now.  But I have a feeling I am going to be writing lots of shorter posts in the near future.  This could be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I think you have good things to say, and I look forward to reading them. :)

Bethany C. said...

Blogs really can be such a convenient and helpful way to keep important records. Thanks for letting us enjoy your journey!