Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bubbles

At this point in my pregnancy I have a hard time drinking water.   In fact, any liquid is difficult to choke down right now unless it is carbonated.   This is ironic because normally I avoid carbonated beverages like the plague.  But right now I drink nothing but seltzer water.  It's just carbonated water with a little lemon flavoring in it.  And it keeps me hydrated.  It also seems to settle my stomach a little.  

At my house we call it bubbles, with a nod to the fish in Finding Nemo: "Bubbles!  Bubbles!  Bubbles!  My bubbles."  The kids are always happy to bring me more bubbles. 

Whatever it takes to survive, right? 

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I have a friend who faces the exact same thing when she's pregnant--no plain water--it MUST be carbonated. That's so fascinating!