Friday, May 16, 2014

An Important Note

I am happy to announce that I am expecting another baby.  Another fabulous little person should join our family in December, right after Prince Charming turns two (and Peanut turns four).  An ideal spacing, in my opinion.  We couldn't be more pleased. 
If you've been with me awhile you know that my pregnancies are rough.   We have been gearing up for this, getting ready to do battle.   Now I am in the thick of the first trimester.  I have to say that it has been worse than I remembered.   Some days I can't get out of bed at all and even on a good day I still only have a few hours of limited mobility. 
My Badger has been nothing short of heroic.  He washes endless dishes, feeds constantly hungry little mouths, and washes mountains of laundry.   He marshals the kids to tidy the house and help with all of the above.  In addition to holding down the job that is our sole source of income,  of course.  It isn't easy, but the kids are helping out a little more this time than they have in the past and we are grateful for every little mercy. 
And that is really probably my greatest challenge right now: staying grateful, staying positive while feeling so ill I can barely move.  Sometimes it's hard, but I do have a lot to be grateful for.  I just have to get through this part one day at a time with me eyes fixed on the end result and the eternal blessings that are coming my way. 
I just often find myself wishing I could go to sleep and wake up in December.   :-)

6 comments:

Annalea said...

Hang in there, my lovely Birrd.

And that Badger--he even feeds mountains of laundry? That must be one impressive Mt. Washmore you've got there, if it has developed an appetite! Just be sure it doesn't try to devour any children . . . ;o)

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Congratulations! I discovered when I was ill with my 7th that giving up sugar--all of it--even in ketchup and peanut butter and sometimes chicken boullion--made me feel better. I drank green smoothies and ate simple proteins and was able to function normally. My cousin did the same and she was able to feel somewhat better--still ill, but not bedridden and hooked to an IV for fluids (she obviously had much harder pregnancies than I). Whatever happens, I hope you're able to have joy in each day!

Bethany C. said...

OH, WOW! Congratulations!! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Birrd said...

Annalea, I told you there would be typos. :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!

Simplymom said...

Congratulations! Hope you get feeling better soon!