Saturday, April 26, 2014

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

Although we are now living in town, this is ranch country and we know several people who are ranchers.  We have some friends, Jake and Katie, who are a young couple who are taking care of Jake's grandfather's ranch.  Sometimes Rancher Jake has asked Bean to come out for half a day and help him with chores.  These days are real highlights for Bean, probably mostly because Rancher Jake lets Bean drive the pickup truck on ranch roads.  Yeah, I'm sure that's it.  

Anyway, last time I took Bean out there I took all the kids with me and the weather was nice enough to let the kids explore a little bit.  What an amazing place!  My little people had a blast messing around on the sandstone bluffs just above the ranch buildings.




















And there's horses too.  



And all kinds of other stuff that we hope to go back and explore later, such as Native American artifacts.  

I don't know how much time we'll get out there, because this ranch is for sale.  Alas.  I wish we could buy it (but the price tag has the word "million" at the end of it... this is a hard-core ranch, not two cute little acres.)  We do miss having the room to roam.  The kids miss it a lot more than I do.  So I am glad we could at least spend an afternoon at the ranch.  

No comments: