Thursday, March 6, 2014

My New Favorite Room


I was pretty excited about my (main floor!) laundry room when we moved in here.  It is a huge step up from the last 3 or 4 laundry rooms we've had and is the first laundry room I have ever had that has a sink.  Sinks in laundry rooms are so useful.

When we moved in, there was a fluorescent light in the laundry room that was not working properly.  It flickered badly due to a faulty fixture.  Doing the laundry was like being at a dance club with the strobe light going.  I spent as little time in there as possible.  The Badger had a lot of things to do around the house that were more critical than the laundry room light... I knew he'd get around to fixing it eventually.

Then one day the light fixture stopped working altogether.  Suddenly this project jumped to the top of the Badger's to-do list.  He went and got an inexpensive incandescent fixture and installed it in no time flat (love that Badger!)

It feels like a whole new room.  I am so excited!  Isn't it beautiful?

I am very sensitive to light.  Fluorescent light really bugs me, even when it is not flickering.  It just feels... wrong.  Don't get me started on compact fluorescent bulbs.   So I was totally thrilled to get that nasty fluorescent fixture out of there.

I feel very blessed to have such a pleasant place to do laundry.

No comments: