Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Six

Here are six pictures of my little Rabbit's sixth birthday.  

She is such a sweet, loving little girl.  Her teacher says that whenever anyone needs someone helpful and/or kind, she sends Rabbit.   She has a very quick intellect and tremendous self-confidence.  She is very affectionate.  Her temper has improved in recent months.  She is such a blessing to our family.  

Here she is playing store with her toy food:


The morning of her birthday I realized I needed to make a treat to take to her class.  Using what I had on hand I came up with these cute cupcakes using leftovers from Valentine's Day.  I am not a cupcake chef... I have become quite proficient at many kitchen endeavors over the years but cupcakes are not something I have anywhere near mastered (yet!)  But I thought these turned out quite darling.



(And I need to tell you that this is my new favorite frosting recipe, especially when-- and why didn't anyone ever tell me you could do this?-- you add jam in the final step instead of milk.  I added strawberry jam to this frosting and it was The Best Frosting I Have Ever Eaten In My Entire Life.  And that's saying something.)

Here is the Rabbit in her favorite dress-up with her birthday crown from school on:



And here she is helping me cook her birthday dinner.  She loves to cook.  



There were plenty of cupcakes left over, so we just used them for her cake.  



So here's the story on this picture:  one of her reading books at school is about a boy and his mom who are spending Friday night together.  Mom says he choose what he wants for dinner and what he wants to do.  He chooses shrimp for the meal and then they watch a movie together from inside a tent set up in the living room.  The Rabbit wanted to copy this for her birthday.  I made shrimp fettuccini alfredo and then the kids watched The Jungle Book from inside this blanket tent.  It was all a great success.  


Happy birthday to my dear, darling, wonderful little Rabbit!  

No comments: