1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. And I'd like to start buying the nice stuff. I had fits this year trying to wrap everything in dollar store paper that had been all beat up in the moving truck.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Right now we have an artificial tree. I prefer real, but artificial works better when you have small children.
3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Shortly after New Year's
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! And I really love Silk Nog, made with soy milk, because I can drink it without my glands swelling up
6. Favorite gift? Here are just a very few highlights: stuffed Curious George (age 2), Frieda the frog puppet (age 3), Nintendo and hair crimper (age 9), the board game "Life" (age 10), cordless phone (age17), sewing machine (age 22), piano lamp (age 27)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Me! I mean, my poor Badger has such a tough time trying to figure out what to get me. He always asks me what I want and I can never think of anything when I'm put on the spot so I say "I don't KNOW!!!" and he's on his own. He always comes through triumphantly though.
8. Easiest person to buy for? This year it's Roo. She has consistently said she wants princess dress-ups for the last two months. That is all she talks about.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? We started out our marriage with FIVE of them, all wedding gifts. That's what we get for getting married right before Christmas! They were all colorless glass or porcelain and three of them were identical. We gave some of them off as gifts and only kept a couple. Then last year I decided it would be nice to have one the kids could actually touch so I bought a toy one. Now we have reached nativity set equilibrium.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both.
11. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? At my third grade class Christmas party we were all asked to bring a white elephant. This was my introduction to that concept. I came away from the party with a collection of about 30 milk jug caps. Can't say it was my favorite Christmas present. Though the person who got my offering wasn't thrilled either, I'm sure. I brought a package of pacifiers Uncle Owl and Aunt Tofu had left at our house after their Thanksgiving visit with my small nephew.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? August. Sometimes May.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Goodie plates from neighbors.
15. Lights on the tree? I like white, the Badger likes colored, so we trade off.
16. Favorite Christmas song? See recent blog posts.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home home home!!!!
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. Rudolph
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. In turn of age, with everyone present. Except for the pajamas, which we open on Christmas Eve.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The kind of holiday music they play in stores.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Icicles and snowflakes
23. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Homemade egg rolls
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? To watch my kids' happy faces as they open their gifts. I'm so excited!!!!